The Mission of New Scent International is to bring restoration and the fragrance of new life in Christ to young street girls in Kenya.
“To grant those who mourn in Zion, Giving them a garland instead of ashes, The oil of gladness instead of mourning, The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting. So they will be called oaks of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.” (Isaiah 61:3, NASB95)
The Journey of New Scent
New Scent Centre International is an organization that seeks restoration of dignity to young victims of sexual abuse and help them become healthy survivors, with a special focus on those that have been sexually abused. It is the story of 28 girls in need of Christ and healing from all kinds of abuse. These girls are desperate for a home, a mom, a school, and hope for a new life.
In February of 2013, Flora Mwikali, felt the Lord was leading her to minister the joy of knowing Christ to those that had experienced abuse, especially sexual abuse. On Flora’s birthday In 2015, she decided to take several days to pray and fast and ask the Lord to show her what he wanted her to do about with the calling He had placed on her heart.
On the 3rd day of her prayers the Lord’s voice was clear when He said: “Enough of talking, it is time to act.” Flora asked Him, “But Lord I have been praying for funds and I have not gotten anything?”
Flora thought she would teach in University, but the Street Girls, struggling to survive tore at the strings of her heart. God said, “Flora, take whatever funds you have, and use that..” All she had was her rent money, but she said YES to God and the exciting journey of New Scent Rescue began.
With this meager beginning, she brought eleven girls to school on the 8th of June, 2015. This marked the beginning of the story of the New scent Centre.
- To bring restoration and the fragrance of new life in Christ to young street girls in Kenya.
- Build a home and that can house 100 girls at one time
- Restore, disciple, and equip 1000 girls over the next ten years who can infuse biblical values and the life of Christ into the Kenyan society
- Educate the girls in the public school system and provide tutors when necessary
- Provide job training skills for future employment through
- Farming skills development
- Training on making clothes
- Empowerment through computer skills development
- Provide temporary shelter, care, and counseling for sexually assaulted survivors infected with HIV/AIDs resulting from rape and substance abuse.
- Train up the Disciples of Christ who can impact the Kenyan society.
- Carry out community outreaches for prevention, sensitization, and awareness of sexual violence, alcoholism, and substance abuse.